Town of Oxford
Department of Public Works
These instructions accompany our “TRENCH/R-O-W Permit Application”. Please contact the DPW at (508) 987-6006 if you have any questions.
1. Read all documentation thoroughly. Your signature on the application indicates your understanding of same.
2. Any and all work performed in the right of way must occur between April 1st and November 15th. All applications must be received by November 1st. Any exceptions may be approved at the sole discretion of the DPW Director.
3. Payment of any applicable fees should be by check payable to “Town of Oxford”, and submitted along with the signed application to Town of Oxford, Department of Public Works, 325 Main Street, Oxford, MA 01540. No action will be taken on the application until the fee has been paid.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable): $20.00
4. Proof of Liability Insurance from your insurance agent must be delivered to the DPW prior to the issuance of any permit.
5. A cash deposit (Cashier’s Check payable to the Town of Oxford) or Performance Bond by a surety company licensed to do business in Massachusetts in an amount equal to the cost estimated by the DPW to repair the surface should the applicant default must be received before any permit is issued. Said guarantee will be held until all work is completed to the satisfaction of the DPW.
6. Any applicable Road Cut Fees will be calculated at the time of review by the DPW. The payment of these fees will be required before the issuance of a permit.
Road Cut Fee: $100.00 for the first 100 s.f.
$2.00 for each additional 10 s.f.
Curb Cut Fee: $50.00 - Commercial
$20.00 - Residential
7. Accuracy is expected; errors can result in the delay of approval. The description of the work needs to be brief, providing all information as clearly as possible. A sketch of the scope of the work must be attached.
8. If the work requires the removal of or will impact a public shade tree, please notify the DPW at (508) 987-6006.
9. It is the responsibility of the applicant to schedule police details. For information or to schedule details, contact the Oxford Police Department at (508) 987-0156.
10. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain all other permits or permission required to perform the work as established by the town Bylaw or state or federal regulations prior to the commencement of work.
11. All work must comply with current ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and Mass. Architectural Access Board (MAAB) Requirements.
12. All work must comply with 520 CMR 14.00 and 29CFR 1926, Subpart P.
13. If your application is denied you may request an appeal to be heard by the Board of Selectmen.
This appeal shall be in writing. Contact this office for further instructions.