Oxford Police Department
503 Main Street
Oxford, MA 01540-1262
License to Carry/Firearms Identification Card Applicant Instructions
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
- Fill out application form completely. Answer all questions and be sure to sign the application. You must be a resident of Oxford or have a business in Oxford.
- Completed applications may be returned to the police station (metal box in the front foyer on the left). When returning applications, be sure to submit the following:
- Copy of successful completion of Firearms Safety Course for a Class A License or Hunter Education Program for an FID if a new license;(Not Required for Active Military w/ID).
- Check or Money Order payable to the Town of Oxford in the amount of $100.00. NO CASH WILL BE ACCCEPTED.
FID Card Under 18 the cost is $25.00
- Retired Law Enforcement the cost is $25.00.
Age 70 or older no charge
- Self Defense Sprays no longer require a license; must be 18 or over
- Please return for fingerprints and pictures on the 2nd or 4th SATURDAY of the month between 10:00AM – 1:00PM. Schedule changes will be posted in the Police Department foyer. Upon completion of this process your permit will be electronically sent to the Firearms Records Bureau for processing.
- Permits will be mailed to you, an envelope will be provided for you to address when prints and pictures are done.
6.) All applicants should check with Deb Light on the status of their permits if not
received within 4 to 6 weeks after fingerprints and pictures have been taken.
****NOTE**** If your application is denied for any legal reason, your permit fee will
not be refunded.
Please click on the following link;