The Oxford Fire-EMS department is committed to protecting people, property, and environment.
We will be responsive to the needs of our residents and others we may serve by providing rapid, professional, humanitarian services essential to the health, safety and well being of the community.
We will accomplish our mission through training, preparedness, education, fire suppression, medical service, hazard mitigation and other related activities.
We will actively participate in our community, serve as role models and strive to effectively and efficiently employ all the necessary resources to provide a service deemed excellent by those we serve.
The Oxford Fire-EMS Department proudly serves a 26 square mile residential community with a population of around 13,500.
The Department consists of a small contingent of Sixteen (16) Full-Time Fire-Fighters and approx Sixteen (16) on-call Fire-Fighters and EMS Providers. Oxford Fire/EMS operates Four (4) Engines, Two (2) Forestry Trucks, One (1) Tower Ladder, One (1) Heavy Rescue, Three (3) Paramedic Level Ambulances, One (1) Paramedic Response Unit, One (1) Marine Unit, and One (1) MCI Unit. All Full-Time members are required to be fully trained Fire-Fighters and have a minimum EMS certification of EMT.
The department dates back to 1856, when the town voted to organize the Col. DeWitt Engine Company. Opening one station and they purchased a Jeffers hand pumper (still in our possession). A second station was organized in 1884 as the Huguenot Steamer No. 1 with a Sibley #5 rotary steam system (still in our possession). Both companies still remain active today. Both retired pieces of apparatus may be seen at the Huguenot Steamer Station, 655 Main Street, N. Oxford, Ma. 01537.
|John Belanger||Acting Chief|