The Oxford Fire and Emergency Services is committed to protecting people, property, and environment.
We will be responsive to the needs of our residents and others we may serve by providing rapid, professional, humanitarian services essential to the health, safety and well being of the community.
We will accomplish our mission through training, preparedness, education, fire suppression, medical service, hazard mitigation and other related activities.
We will actively participate in our community, serve as role models and strive to effectively and efficiently employ all the necessary resources to provide a service deemed excellent by those we serve.
The Oxford Fire and Emergency Services proudly serves a 26 square mile residential community with a population of around 13,500.
The Department consists of Twenty (20) Full-Time and twenty (20) on-call personnel. Oxford Fire and Emergency Services operates Two (2) Engines, Two (2) Forestry Trucks, One (1) Tower Ladder, One (1) Ladder Truck, One (1) Heavy Rescue, One (1) Water Tender, Three (3) Paramedic Level Ambulances, One (1) Paramedic Response Unit, One (1) Marine Unit, and One (1) MCI Unit. All Full-Time members are required to be dual trained as both Fire-Fighter and have a minimum EMS certification of EMT.
The department traces its orgins back to 1856, when the town voted to organize the Col. DeWitt Engine Company. The Town purchased a Jeffers hand pumper (still in our possession) and opened the first station in the downtown area. As the Town grew and expanded northward, a second station was organized in 1884 as the Huguenot Steamer No. 1 with a Sibley #5 rotary steam system (still in our possession). Both retired pieces of apparatus may be seen at the Huguenot Steamer Station and Museum, 655 Main Street, N. Oxford, MA 01537.
|Laurent McDonald||Chief of Department|